The Scott History & Genealogy Room
Our mission is to collect, preserve, and offer public research space for historical records, pertaining to the history of Somerset, Star Prairie, and St. Joseph communities.
Please sign in at the front desk of the library and let the librarian know what records you’re interested in viewing.
Mon 12:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Tues 12:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Thurs 12:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Can’t make it during regular hours?
Complete the Research and Appointment Request Form below.
Research assistance completed by a librarian or volunteer historian is available for a nominal fee. Complete the form above for assistance.
- Sign in at the front desk of the library.
- Materials cannot leave the History Room.
- To protect the collection, please leave food, beverages, ink pens, and backpacks outside the History Room.
Looking West on Mill Street, now known as Main Street, circa 1940
Email the local history librarian, Renee at email@example.com
A history of the Somerset area and the first settlers, this collection contains most of Rosalie Parnell’s book published in 1952 to show the history of Somereset, as well as parts of two other books: History of the St. Croix Valley by A.B. Easton (1909) and History of Northern Wisconsin by the Western Historical Society of Chicago, Illinois (1881). Click here to view the book.
Wisconsin Newspapers Digital Research Site is a service of the Wisconsin Newspaper Association that provides access to 235 daily and weekly Wisconsin newspapers both historical and current.